Personal data protection policy
1. Who we are?
BETFAIR ROMANIA DEVELOPMENT SRL, based in Romania, jud. Cluj, mun. Cluj-Napoca, B-dul 21 Decembrie 1989, n0. 77, A-F buildings, et. 4, registration number: J12/3396/2007, having fiscal code RO22201773, is a company registered in Romania responsible for the development of IT programs.
2. Personal data that we process
We collect the following types of personal data:
- IP address
- Name and surname
- Email address
- Phone number
- The company you work for
- Country of residence
- Time zone
- Data on the number of steps performed
- Shipping address used for delivering the Trailblazer package
3. Why we need these data
We need your personal information to provide you with the following services, under the legal basis of the execution of the provisions of the Terms and Conditions:
Using the Walking Month app
- Name and surname – we need this data to identify you in the system
- E-mail – we use the e-mail address to log you into our systems, and to keep in touch during the competition and afterwards regarding competition results, fundraising results and the implementation of the funded project.
- Phone number – we will contact you if there are any problems using the application.
- Occupation – we need this information only for statistics, to better understand the profile of the participants in the competition.
- The company you are employed for – this information is used for the competition between companies.
- Time zone – we use this information to synchronise with the time zone of used IoT devices.
- Data on the number of steps performed – to maintain the evolution of your performance.
Delivery of the VIP package:
- Name – name of a contact person that will receive the delivery
- Email – to identify you in the Walking Month app
- Telephone – to contact you with details about package delivery
- Shipping address – to deliver the package
Based on the legitimate interest of the operator to protect its IT infrastructure:
Operation of the Walking Month application
- IP address – filtering and detecting internet attacks
With your consent, we would also like to process the following personal data:
- Screenshot – we use this information only for support – when there is an incident you can send us a screenshot to detail the problem
- Browsing history – we share this information with our partners described in the cookies policy in order to deliver personalised offers. More information can be found on our cookies page at https://walkingmonth.ro/politica-de-cookies/
Data on the number of steps performed
The Walking Month app reads the number of steps from Apple Health for iOS devices and from Google Fit for Android devices.
- Participants whose fitness trackers sync data automatically with Google Fit or Apple health will see their steps automatically appear in the WM app, should they grant the necessary permissions;
- Participants whose fitness trackers do not communicate with Google Fit or Apple Health will manually input the values (number of daily steps) in the Walking Month app, as reported by their tracker app.
The data is used for establishing the competition leaderboard in order to award the prizes described in the Contest Rules and in order to award the prizes made available by the contest partners. See the full rules in the Rules sections.
4. What do we do with these data
Your personal data are processed within the company BETFAIR ROMANIA DEVELOPMENT S.R.L., located in Romania. Your data is hosted and stored by Google, which acts as a processor.
Your personal data is share with our partners for the following reasons:
- Banca Transilvania – for co-operation in managing the competition;
- PR & MORE SRL – person authorized by BETFAIR ROMANIA DEVELOPMENT SRL, with the purpose of promoting and managing the event, as well as producing and delivering the VIP packages;
- NETOPIA SRL – independent operator that processes the personal data necessary for processing payments;
- Cargus SRL – for delivery of VIP Packages;
- Serviciul de Ajutor Maltez în România, a non-profit association – to ensure delivery of rewards if applicable, to ensure accurate accounting according to Romanian fiscal law and to keep you up to date with the use of funds offered.
- Sendgrid – name, email address – for sending notification regarding the payment, invitations to the team, leaderboard.
5. For how long we keep these data
Your personal data, from those that are included in the financial-accounting documents or in documents that are annexed to the financial-accounting documents, will be kept for 10 years according to the provisions of art. 38 of Annex 1 to Order no. 2634/2015 on financial-accounting documents, issued by the Ministry of Public Finance and will not be accessed for any purpose other than the legal purpose for which they are archived. After 10 years these data will be destroyed. Your personal data from cookies are kept for the lifespan of the cookie or until you delete them from your device.
Your personal data from the Walking Month account will be kept for 3 years since your last account activity, based on the operator’s legitimate interest to keep users in-app for the following editions of Walking Month.
6. Data protection
Security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality of your data. All communication between app and server is encrypted.
- the user (name, daily number of steps, total number of steps, daily steps from the previous competition, total number of steps from the previous competition)
- team from which the user is part of (name, daily number of steps, total number of steps)
- all competition users (total number of steps for the leaderboard)
- Walking Moth authenticated administrators (name, email address, daily number of steps, total number of steps, daily steps from the previous competition, total number of steps from the previous competition)
7. Your rights
If you have reason to believe that any personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request to see this information, to rectify it or to have it deleted, to request restriction of processing or to object to the processing and you also have the right to data portability. To exercise these rights please contact us at email@example.com.
To withdraw consent given for processing of screenshots please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to file a complaint about how we have processed your personal data, please contact your data protection officer at the following email address email@example.com. The Data Protection Officer will contact you to resolve the above issue.
You can also contact the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing at www.dataprotection.ro and file a complaint.